July 12, 2017
Top Quality Standards of 1000ft Cat6 Cables
The UL standards set for the 1000ft Cat6 Cables are measured and implemented by the manufacturers in all the aspects. They have to take care of the technical and functional specifications as the two main parameters. The technical specifications consist of the dimensions, diameter, insulation material, jacket, drain wire. Shield and other related parameters. Once these standards are decided on, they start the manufacturing process and complete it. The quality testing department of the manufacturer puts the cables through many of the toughest testing procedures. The checklists are prepared according to the UL and IEEE standards. It is only when the cables go through all the procedures and qualify; they are allowed into the market. Hence the quality of 1000ft Cat6 Cables from Tektel is said to be among the best.
1000ft Cat6 Cables – Construction Parameters
The 1000ft Cat6 Cables have a diameter of 0.48mm for the core conductor. This is made of bare copper, capable of carrying high speed data. Then the conductor is insulated with a PE skin which can wrap itself around the conductor body. The material is soft enough to be flexible, at the same time tough enough to withstand the pressure from the copper body of the conductor.
- Diameter: – The core diameter of the conductor is normally between 0.45mm and 0.49mm. But in most of the cases the higher values are maintained to comply with the UL standards. But it is not just the core wire diameter, but also those of the insulation material, jacket and the outer diameter which matter. The outermost diameter will be 5.2mm with a tolerance of =/- 0.2mm. This is said to be the most suited one for the installation in the offices, industrial locations and other congested places. This is one of the reasons for the smart office network installations in spite of having more than 50 network computers in one location.
- Pairing: – The generic pairing procedure involving the 4 pairs will be blue-blue, orange-orange, green-green and brown-crown. You can also use black as one part of the combination.
- Characteristics: – The characteristics of the 1000ft Cat6 Cables consist of many aspects. They include attenuation, mutual capacitance, propagation velocity, delay difference in propagation, impedance, temperature resistance and other related ones. They are clearly listed by the UL and the IEEE. The Tektel standards also follow the same characteristics.
- Impedance: – This is one of the main characteristics which can affect the data transfer speed at various conditions. The value of impedance can vary due to changes in external conditions. Hence the 1000ft Cat6 Cables from Tektel are protected with the best of insulation materials. They prevent the influence of external environment on the core copper conductor.
- Temperature: – The range of temperature exposure can be from -20degrees to +60 degrees for the smooth operation of the 1000ft Cat6 Cables. They can work for long hours without any variations in the data transfer speed. The value of interference is also balanced at the lowest possible levels when you choose Tektel.