August 27, 2017
What are the Latest Cancellation Charges for IRCTC Tickets 2017?
In Indian Railway Catering & Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), confirmed tickets can be canceled till the time of chart preparation and money is refunded. For example, if the departure time is 12 noon and chart is prepared last night. Before the chart is prepared, each type of cancellation request is accepted.
Ticket Cancellation Rules
These days, cancellation of tickets can be done only through online mode. No cancellation is done face to face from IRCTC windows. Just visit the official IRCTC website and head to booked tickets. Simply click “Cancel Tickets”.
IRCTC Ticket Cancellation Charges 2017
There are some rules and conditions every passenger should follow. If you cancel your confirmed tickets before 48 hours of the time of departure, flat charges for cancellation are deducted. Here are the irctc ticket cancellation charges 2017 per ticket –
- 240 for Executive Class/AC First Class
- 200 for AC First Class/2 Tier
- 180 for AC Chair Car/3 Tier/AC 3 Economy
- 60 for Second Class
- 120 for Sleeper
- If cancellation is done from 12 to 40 hours of departure of train, deduction shall be flat 25% of flat rate
- If cancellation is done just before 4 hours of departure, up to 50% is deducted off the flat rate.
- If tickets are not canceled and the journey is started, no amount will be refunded.
Cancellation Rules for Tatkal Tickets
- In case of contingent tickets and waiting lists, cancellation charges are deducted
- If confirmed Tatkal ticket is canceled, no cancellation charges will be refunded
- Tatkal tickets can be partially canceled
Waiting Ticket Cancellation Charges
It is very simple to cancel Tatkal or General quota waiting ticket. Railways will deduct only a nominal clerk fee of Rs. 60 per ticket. The rest of the amount is refunded to the customer after deduction. In short, the cancellation charges on waiting tickets are not that high.
If a Tatkal ticket is confirmed, no refund will be made. But it is still mandatory to cancel tickets if your journey is cancelled. At least, some deserving person can book them who genuinely needs. If you don’t cancel Tatkal or General quota ticket, TTE may allot it to anyone for bribe. You can book premium Tatkal tickets in case of emergency. There is no waiting or RAC in these tickets. Such types of tickets are always confirmed. But on cancellation, no refund shall be made.
These premium tatkal tickets are the savior in case of emergency situation, though the charges are fairly high. Keep in mind that only four passengers are allowed to be booked in each PNR. According to the percentage of berths booked, fares may vary.