October 16, 2017
The efficiency of an experienced commercial painter is evaluated on the basis of his ability to use the right combination of materials and methods (processes) to produce the most appealing interior and exterior painting effects. For this he needs to know have knowledge of paint products and tools. The knowledge of methods might include surface preparation, bonding and patching, repairing and fixing of walls, ceilings, windows, doors and other surfaces, sanding and polishing, painting and finishing. Maintenance is a long term process which is about maintaining the freshness and conditions of painted surfaces.
Exterior Painting by Commercial Painter
- Exterior paints could be made weather and stress resistant when you use latex paints. In fact they can withstand extreme conditions of summer, rains and winter without losing brightness.
- If you happen to use latex on exterior woods, it makes the moisture and water content to evaporate at a faster rate. That means wooden exteriors are protected from developing blisters and cracks.
- You can use the aluminum paints for exterior structures like chimneys, ovens and others which are exposed to excessive heat.
- The option for concrete surfaces is said to be enamel which has maximum properties of adhesion.
- Most of the problems with exterior paints are due to choosing the wrong season like winter and monsoon. The other avoidable factors are wrong selection of primers, surface preparation and paint selection. The experienced Commercial Painter will know exactly how to avoid these basic mistakes.
Pre paining Processes by Commercial Painter
Surface preparation and repairing are the two key pre painting processes which can impact the quality and long life of the exterior painting.
- Removal of old paints, fixing cracks and water seepage, plastering patches and sealing blisters on wooden surfaces are the basic pre paining processes. A professional Commercial Painter will have a team of skilled workers who can perform these operations before he can start his work.
- Material and paint consumption calculations are said to be very critical as it determines the cost of painting. Quantity of paint required for square foot / meter of the wall, ceiling, windows, doors and other surfaces needs to be known accurately. This quantity might vary depending on the quality and grade of paints used, but not to a great extent.
- A good Commercial Painter will know the right volume of solid content required in the paint as it determines the maximum surface area coverage.
- Use of primers, stain removers, varnishes, shellac, lacquer, thinners and other types solvents during the pre painting, painting, finishing and maintenance processes determines the effects of painting by Commercial Painter. This also determines how cost effectively he can complete the task.
Painting Process Management by Commercial Painter
Utilization of right paints, tools and utilities based on the nature of exterior surface, area of coverage, areas frequently exposed to sun /heat, rain and other water sources, moisture and humidity and other factors. Painting on non removable stains needs special expertise. A qualified Commercial Painter will know the complete techniques of covering all small and large stains.