December 19, 2017
Here we will talk about the budget-friendly ways with the help of them you can keep and retain your wet basement all dry for a longer span of time. You can check out the details of these strategies and with the follow-up of these strategies, you can permanently and easily fix this wet basement of yours. So strategies linked with waterproofing Queens are shared over here.
Diagnose and Identifying Your Water Problem
- It is very important to you that you have to diagnose your water problem. Always remember that moisture and water usually come in your basement right from two basic to all sources. One source is this indoor source. This indoor humidity gets to condense on these cold surfaces in the form of water droplets and eventually makes your basement to get wet as well.
- The second reason that why your basement gets wet, it is because of water vapors, these water vapors commonly come from outside. This groundwater and melting snow, because of rainwater- all of these factors can saturate soil which is present around your foundation and then they get the leak into your soil. Water can also get to leak through small cracks. It can even penetrate through these porous and concrete walls, masonry walls.
- To identify this issue completely, you can tape aluminum foil right to your basement wall and let it to remain there for few days. If aluminum foil will get a moisture on its outside surface then this all indicates the cause of indoor humidity and if aluminum foil will have a moisture exactly behind the foil then that means moisture is coming through and outside from the walls.
Keep Your Basement to Stay Away From Excess Sort of Humidity
- You need to eliminate all sources of this humid air from your basement as much possible as you can. Just keep your basement to stay away from this excess humidity. You can make use of seal leaky kind of dryer vents so that unwanted and excess humid air fail to enter your basement.
- You should not be using duct tape because this tape will eventually and gradually fall off from your dryer’s vents. You can even add this vent fan right to your basement bathroom, you need to make sure that you turn it on whenever you or your family member are taking showers. Your basement windows need to be closed when you notice a humid weather.
Insulating the Pipes
- You have to remember this fact that condensation which usually gets to drip from your cold pipes, this issue can largely contribute to these basement water issues and problems of yours. So insulate your basement water pipes.
- You need to cover in your cold water pipes by using a foam pipe, this insulation will immediately stop and prevent condensation. You can try this foam insulation method because this method is usually inexpensive.
Insulating the Walls
- You can be insulating your exterior walls so that you can prevent and possibly stop condensation.
- If you live in the cold climate surroundings and you are in the habit of insulating your basement walls then note that this step will also save energy and it will decrease heating bill of yours. More budget friendly basement waterproofing Queens ideas will be shared.